Talli (Silachi) town of sibi district
Royal Geographic Society of Bengal 1843
The sandy plain which as one approaches Talli, is well cultivated and studded with villages. Talli belongs to the Silachi Pathans It seems to consist of a cluster of small villages. There are six forts occupied by the heads of families and Hasil khan and Rasullah Khan are the two most powerful chiefs.
There is another named Dino Khan. This place is very wealthy and various kinds of grain and Tobacco are cultivated near it. Water is obtained from karaiz (water courses). There are 500 families and forty or fifty Banyas by whom a considerable traffic is carried on. The Sheikhs and Shadozais are great horse-breeders and are hostile to the marris. The whole distance from Gulu to Talli by this road is estimated at 5 manzils (stages) or 46 Kos.